The fall season is a hectic time. Not only do we have to juggle between Zoom meetings, client pitches, and our nutrition, but we also have to contend with the changing of the seasons.
The weather changes from warm to cool and back again, which often throws us off our nutrition game. It's easy to reach for that pumpkin spice latte instead of a healthy snack.
But here are some tips for staying on track with your nutrition during the busy fall season.
To kick off the fall season strong I decided to dedicate an entire episode, "3 Fall Nutrition Tips That Actually Work, Even If You Have No Time", we delve into practical ways to keep your nutrition on point even amidst the hustle and bustle of fall.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE
Making it Realistic
It's funny how often we try to make a change in our lives, like eating more healthfully, or meal prepping more. The whole world seems to conspire against us, like the time Starbucks released its Pumpkin Spice Latte and there was no way you could say no. Or if you're the type who boycotts Starbucks altogether, you might find yourself at Dunkin' Donuts instead.
It sure does taste good, but nostalgia alone can't cook a meal.
And we all know that PSLs don't help us lose weight—so what does?
Macro-tracking: This not only helps you understand your nutrient intake, but also helps you plan your meals better, all between important calls and meetings. It's about taking control of the smallest nutritional details. If you want to know more about what your personal macros numbers should be, get yours here
2. Quick Meal Prep Strategies: Is what I'm all aboout as the meal prep and macros coach for solopreneurs. When you're running a business, you don't have time for slow cooking or elaborate meal prep. You need to eat right and keep your energy up, but that doesn't have to mean hours of cooking every week. With a well-stocked pantry and a few quick meal prep strategies designed for your on-the-go lifestyle, you'll be able to eat healthy meals in no time.
3. Tailored plans: This is the bread and butter as they say of how I coach my clients. I believe in a tailored approach to nutrition. Every entrepreneur is different, and so your diet should be as well. A dynamic plan, designed around your schedule and work demands, will ensure you don't compromise on your health while you hustle.
Building the Perfect Fall Nutrition Plan
One of the biggest things I see as a meal prep coach, and also one of the biggest reasons why so many solopreneurs often fail at meal prep, is there's no variety in your meals, so it's no wonder we quickly get bored of eating the same things over and over again, right?
- Including a variety of seasonal produce in meals
- Prioritise home-cooked food
- Drink your wter throughout the day
Sorry coffee has water in it but doesn't count as water
Striking the right balance between work demands and maintaining good health can pose a challenge, I'll be honest, but it doesn't have to be an unattainable goal.
With the right approach, you can design your workday to not just be productive, but also healthful. Remember, changing small habits can lead to significant improvements in life and work.